A downloadable game for Windows
Endless ATC is an easy to play simulation game, where you are an air traffic controller at the approach radar of a busy airport. The goal is to guide the planes safely to the runways to get a high score. If you make no errors, the number of planes you have to control gets larger and larger. How many flights at a time can you handle?
The game shows you a tracon radar screen with locations of planes and runways. Arrivals and departures will appear randomly. The interface is simple, but the simulation is on scale and the planes behave realistically. So: easy controls, hardcore simulation.
WARNING: this sim is realistic so it may bore or frustrate you if you're unfamiliar with aviation :) Try out the demo to find out if this is a game for you.
• Select a plane, give it a descend instruction (to about 2000 feet), guide it to the blue line at a large distance from the runway (there are arrows to help you), and clear it for an ILS (Instrument Landing System) approach, which means it will follow the line to the runway like in real life. It's also handy to check out the screenshots and the video.
• So in order to land, a plane must comply to three conditions:
- the ILS mode of the plane is activated,
- the plane has to be descended low enough to intercept the glideslope; the blue circles mark the heights of 2000, 3000 and 4000 feet,
- the plane must intercept the ILS at a heading of 50 degrees or less with respect to the runway (in reality they use 30 degrees).
• You can also lose skill points when planes:
- fly too close to eachother (generally: overlapping circles and altitude difference <1000 feet),
- leave the airspace (outer grey circle), also if they are departures leave the airspace at or below FL100,
- missed approaches / go arounds,
- area violations / flying through weather.
• The amount of planes that you have to control is about the same as the amount of skill points you have: the higher the skill value, the more planes you have to deal with. You can also achieve 'goals' by landing a certain amount of planes in the correct way.
• Challenge yourself even more by enabling crosswinds and thunderstorms!
• Some planes have an additional tag, for example 'RD'; only these planes need to land on a secondary airport.
• The full version now includes lots of variation with 4 airports: Amsterdam Schiphol, London Heathrow, Frankfurt, and Atlanta Hartsfield–Jackson.
• In the menu there are options including speed multiplier, radar update rate, and a 'skill cap' for a more relaxed gameplay: this 'cap' limits the rate of inbound traffic.
The game has been polished over the last three years. New features and improvements have been added progressively, and that will continue in the future.
Updated: 14th July 2017.
- more departures
- better aircraft labels visibility
- reduced separation requirement shortly after a go-around; this avoids double penalties. Also reduced requirement for simulaneous departures with diverting headings.
- several SIDs added for EGLL, KATL and EDDF
- runway use at EDDF changed, so the north runway is only used as secondairy landing runway, like in real life
- several other minor adjustments
For more detailed instructions and questions: startgrid.blogspot.com
- endless amount of planes, multiple runways,
- give radar vectors like a real air traffic controller,
- realistic mechanics and pilot behavior, but easy to play,
- amount of traffic adapts to your skill level,
- automatically saving game; resume where you left off,*
- choose from 4 different airports (EHAM, EGLL, EDDF, KATL),*
- text-to-speech output.
* not in the demo version
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||3 years ago|
|Tags||air-traffic-control, approach, atc-sim, atlanta, frankfurt, heathrow, radar, schiphol, tracon|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial, One button|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: